Are you a good Candidate for the FotoFacial RF Treatments?
FotoFacial RF treatments are beneficial in the treatment of the following cosmetic skin concerns for the face and body (also known as FotoBody RF treatments):
1. Rosacea, flushing, redness, ruddy complexion, broken capillaries and spider veins of the face. All these “Pink” vascular based conditions of the skin improve on average between 50-75% percent with FotoFacial RF treatments.
2. Sun spot, age spots, hyperpigmentation, melasma, cholasma (also known as “mask of pregnancy”), multiple freckles. All these “Brown” melanin based conditions of the skin improve, on average, 50-75% with FotoFacial RF treatments.
3. Chronic sun damage and photoaging improves with FotoFacial RF by 50-75% with FotoFacial RF treatments.
4. Sun Damage and aging signs of the Hands Neck (Pokioderma) and Chest skin can be improved by 50-75% percent with FotoBody RF treatments (FotoFacials for the skin of the body).
5. Wrinkles and Skin Laxity. Unlike other more basic forms of Photorejuvenation, the FotoFacial RF, with its synergy of simultaneous Intense Pulsed Light and powerful RadioFrequency energy produces industry leading non-ablative wrinkle and skin laxity improvements of up to 70%without downtime; a claim that no other device or procedure has been able to boast.
What results might I expect from the FotoFacial RF treatments?
All patients notice a consistent improvement in the appearance of their skin. The degree of improvement is gradual and persistent over the 15-18 week program and 5-6 FotoFacial RF treatments. The noticeable and significant changes that have been reported include: Improvement in pink and brown discoloration, spider veins, pink and brown blemishes, sun damage, age spots, pore size, acne scarring and wrinkles. The degree of improvement can vary but averages 50-75% improvement in anything that is Pink and Vascular or Brown and Melanin in nature. The improvement is fine to moderate wrinkles, acne scarring, skin texture irregularities, laxity and smoothness is 50-75%.
How are the FotoFacial RF treatments performed?
The FotoFacial RF treatments are simple, office based treatments. The patient is covered with a thin layer of cooling gel and the entire face, chest, hands, or arms are treated with a gentle pulse of light and Radiofrequency energy. Each treatment takes about 30 minutes and involves pulses of bright visible light and Radiofrequency energy that are passed into the skin. Because each FotoFacial RF treatment is gentle, most patients require 5 or 6 FotoFacial treatments to see the desired results and they are performed every 3 weeks. In certain skin types, a microdermabrasion is performed between FotoFacial treatments to enhance the penetration of the light and Radiofrequency energy.
How does the FotoFacial RF work to improve the appearance of the skin?
Each pulse of the FotoFacial device sends two types of energy into your skin, Intense Pulsed Visible Light and Radiofrequency energy, that act synergistically to enhance the skin. Energy is given up to brown spots, blood vessels, and redness to gradually and gently lessen or eliminate these blemishes. The Radiofrequency energy also produces significant amounts of collagen, elastin and ground substances, the thick undercarpet of the skin, resulting in a noticeable and significant smoothing of fine to moderate wrinkles and textual irregularities of the skin.
Will the FotoFacial RF treatment hurt and will I have to miss work?
The FotoFacial RF treatments have a tolerable level of discomfort. The discomfort can be greatly reduced, or even eliminated by the use of a topical anesthetic cream applied to the skin 30 minutes prior to the FotoFacial RF. After each treatment, patients can apply makeup and return to normal activities. The FotoFacial RF treatments have proven to be low risk, are associated with few complications and patients rarely have downtime or have to miss work or regular activities.
How long will the Skin enhancement effects of the FotoFacial RF last?
At the completion of the FotoFacial RF program the skin will have achieved a noticeable and consistent degree of improvement that the majority of patients are very happy with. Occasionally, some patients desire an even greater degree of improvement and these patients will sign up for additional procedures. Most FotoFacial RF patients will just desire to maintain the nice skin enhancements they achieved from the program and, for these satisfied patients, a single maintenance FotoFacial RF treatment is recommended every 4 months to keep the skin looking vital, even, smooth, and youthful.